top of page

Jonathan Majors Dropped By Talent Manager Amid Ongoing Assault Allegations




Actor Jonathan Majors has reportedly been dropped by his talent manager Entertainment 360 amid domestic violence allegations.



Currently starring in Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Majors’ departure was due to issues surrounding the actor’s personal behavior, we are informed.


Majors’ representation problems don’t stop with Entertainment 360. PR firm The Lede Company also initiated a break with the Avengers actor in the last month.


As a more minor element of this, Majors and fashion house Valentino “mutually agreed” that the actor would not be attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.


Entertainment 360 and Lede Company did not return requests for comment.


Majors has already shot the second season of Marvel/Disney+’s Loki, in which he reprises his uber-villain role of Kang the Conqueror, and won’t go before the cameras in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty for quite some time. Deadline hears there’s been zero conversations in the Marvel camp to drop Majors from the MCU.


The actor was arrested March 25 over an alleged domestic dispute with a 30-year old woman. The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities. Majors is expected to appear before a judge May 8 as he faces multiple counts of harassment and assault from the New York City D.A.


“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Majors’ criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry told Deadline in a March 27 statement. “We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently.”


Chaudhry added at the time that the “evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”


Majors’ attorney also released a set of text messages to the press, redacted to protect the woman’s identity, in which the latter took blame for the fight: “Please let me know you’re okay when you get this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight. I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone. I only just got out of hospital. Just call me when you’re out. I love you.”


Majors’ altercation comes amid what has been a bountiful 2023 with Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania having grossed a combined $745 million at the box office, in addition to rave reviews out of Sundance for his turn as a mentally disturbed amateur bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams. Disney’s Searchlight Pictures acquired that movie out of the festival, beating several bidders, and set a December 8, 2023 release date for it.


Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?


Since the domestic violence allegations have surfaced, I have heard people who claim to know Jonathan have said he has anger issues. However, I wonder if the people who work for him were aware of his alleged mean streak and sociopathic ways before this alleged tea came out, or if the talent manager is all of a sudden dropping Jonathan to save face?


On the other hand, they must have looked at the evidence his team claimed they had such as video evidence and text messages and realized it wasn't enough to vindicate the actor.


All I know is if I don't hear anything in the next three months about Ezra Miller getting dropped for all the crazy shit they were involved in (The Flash comes out in June), I will be giving this industry the hypocritical side-eye.



6 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page