top of page

Ricky Martin Concert in Montenegro Comes to a Halt as Fan Sprays Tear Gas Toward the Stage


Ricky Martin was forced to halt his concert in Montenegro on Thursday when someone in the crowd “discharged tear gas toward the stage.”



Ricky Martin was performing in Montenegro when his concert was interrupted by an individual spraying tear gas on Thursday evening.


His publicist Róndine Alcalá said the Puerto Rican singer-songwriter, 54, is 'safe' after confirming 'an individual discharged tear gas toward the stage.'


In a statement shared by his publicist on Instagram, there had been an 'abrupt interruption of the show as audience members moved away from the area and received assistance.'


Martin's representative added in the caption: 'Ricky Martin and his team are safe and grateful for the support and concern received following tonight's events in Montenegro.'


Authorities confirmed the situation was under control before Martin returned to the stage to continue his performance.


The singer frequently brings along his lookalike, 17-year-old twins Valentino and Matteo for his tours, and it is unknown if they were present at his show in the Balkans.



'As a precautionary measure, Ricky Martin and his entire team immediately exited the stage while security personnel and local authorities worked to contain the situation and ensure the safety of those in attendance,' the statement continued.


Martin then 'made the decision to resume' his show to 'fulfill his commitment to his fans.'


Alcalá wrote that 'members of the artist's team advised against continuing the performance' but 'authorities had confirmed the situation was under control and that attendees could safely return.'


His publicist said his upcoming shows as part of his tour will continue as scheduled.


'The artist will continue his Ricky Martin Live tour with upcoming performances across Europe and additional international dates as scheduled,' the statement read.


Martin is currently touring across eight countries amid his world tour and has also been making festival stops to perform his greatest hits.


He is set to resume his tour in mid-June for a series of concerts in Moldova, Serbia, Croatia, Italy.


On June 24, he will be making a stop at the Pully Live Festival in Switzerland before resuming the European leg of his tour.


Before the end of June, he will also be stopping by Oberhausen in Germany and Prague in the Czech Republic.



In July, he will be performing in Hungary, Turkiye, Georgia and Kazakhstan.


On August 20, he will be performing at the Ravinia Festival in Highland Park, Illinois.


Ricky will also return to the UK with his first show in a decade, as part of HeritageLive Festival at the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.


Taking place on August 22, he’ll be joined by special guests Sugababes, Olly Alexander and Sophie Castillo for a massive summer pop party at the Royal Estate.


He has been on a continuous tour since and even before performing alongside Bad Bunny for the Super Bowl Halftime Show in February.


Just last month, he performed in Buenos Aires, Argentina for the Latin and South American leg of his tour and was joined by his teenage sons.


They were pictured arriving in matching, stylish attire as they stepped off of the private jet together.


Martin also shares daughter Lucia, seven, and six-year-old son Renn with his ex-husband Jwan Yosef.


While accepting the Latin Icon Award at the 2025 VMAs last year, he dedicated the honor to his four children.


'Everything I do, I do with you in my mind and in my heart,' he said about his children, all born via surrogate, who frequently travel the world with him while he is on tour.


Martin and Yosef separated in 2023 but maintain a healthy co-parenting relationship.



Comments

Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram

©2022 by Kris Avalon. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page